The shortlist for the 2018 Everybody Awards has now been announced.
This year, Everybody Sport and Recreation received over 160 nominations, showing a huge commitment to health, sport and physical activity across Cheshire East.
The awards evening will take place on Friday 26th October at Wrenbury Hall in Nantwich and has been supported by a range of businesses.
Awards will be presented by Olympic silver and double Commonwealth gold medal swimmer Sharron Davies MBE, with British triathlete and four time World Ironman champion Chrissie Wellington OBE as keynote speaker.
Chief executive at Everybody Sport and Recreation, Peter Hartwell reflected: “What a year it has been for our heroes in Cheshire East.
“I had the privilege of seeing some of the nominations this year and what a tough job the judges must have had selecting the winners.
“The talent and dedication we have here in Cheshire East is just incredible and we cannot wait to hear their amazing stories on the night.”
Award nominees for 2018 are as follows:
Sports Personality of the Year
- Polly Holden – British Summer Nationals Gold Medallist Freestyle Swimmer (Nantwich)
- Tom and Ben Curry – Professional rugby player and international rugby player for Sale Sharks (Crewe and Nantwich)
- Nicola Bruce- Ultra Marathon long distance runner (Shavington)
Young Sports Achiever of the Year
- Eleanor Heeps – Goalkeeper (Sandbach)
- Alana Gauntlett – Crewe and Nantwich Rugby club
- Abby Warren – Crewe Rifle and Pistol club
- Sian Heslop – Athlete at Macclesfield Harriers
- Thomas Owen Brindley – Youth Laser Radial Sailor from Redesmere Sailing Club (Macclesfield)
Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year
- Jack Wimpenny – Nantwich Lifesaving Club
- Sean Savage – Seahorse Swimming Club (Crewe)
- Nathan Greenford – Alpha Swimming (Crewe)
Coach of the Year
- Maddie Ascroft – Crewe and Nantwich Gymnastics Club
- Peter Brady – Kenzoku Martial Arts (Congleton)
- Grace Dodd – Cheshire Blades (Nantwich)
- Hugh Dokter – Dane Valley Amateur Swimming Club (Congleton)
- Russ Crawford – Nantwich Seals Swimming Club
Health & Wellbeing
- Andrea O’ Neill – Millfields Primary School (Nantwich)
- One to one Midwives (Crewe)
- Kate Blakemore- Motherwell Cheshire (Crewe)
- Action on Cancer (Crewe and Nantwich)
Club of the Year
- Kenzoku Martial Arts (Congleton)
- South Cheshire Amateur Boxing Club (Crewe)
- Cheshire Stars Netball Club (Middlewich)
- Cheshire Blades Football Club (Nantwich)
- Dane Valley Swimming Club (Congleton)
Volunteer of the Year
- Kath and Mike Povall – Health Walks (Nantwich)
- Grace Dodd – Cheshire Blades Football (Nantwich)
- Hayley & Adrian Glover – Crewe Flyers Swimming Club
Young Volunteer of the Year
- Fran Townsend – Alsager Netball Club and Alsager Bridgestone Swimming Club
- Alex Peake – Youngest Coach at Crewe FC
- Ebony Wood – Ladyhawks Netball Club (Nantwich)
- Helen Robertson – Nantwich Lifesaving Club
Everybody Customer Hero
- Stephen Pennell- Crewe Lifestyle Centre
- Hannah Guthrie- Holmes Chapel Community Centre
- Paul Wilshaw- Alsager Leisure Centre
- Mark Rimmer- Sandbach Leisure Centre
- Arthur Crago- Congleton Leisure Centre
The evening will recognise a range of inspirational stories from individuals who have demonstrated amazing personal achievements in sport or health – as well as announcing this year’s annual Lifetime Achievement Award and a new award category added to this years Everybody Awards, the Chairman’s Award.
For more information on the Everybody Awards, visit: www.everybodyawards.org.uk.
Everybody Sport and Recreation aims to provide ‘leisure for life’ by changing lives through healthy recreation.
The charity operates 15 leisure facilities across the Cheshire East region as well as a range of leisure development and outreach programmes.