Regular contributor Jonathan White has kindly complied a selection of images from Halloween 2018 for our readers.
Click here to see all of Jonathan’s images of Halloween houses on Flickr. We’ve also posted some of these. (pictured above)
Jonathan said: “I saw several ghoulishly good Halloween houses on 31st October in Crewe this year.
“They were all a spooktacular sight, but I particularly liked the houses on Capenhurst Avenue with its hanging corpses and monster maze, Nevis Drive with inflatables and animatronics, Barn Croft Road with a giant spider and web and projector showing different Halloween songs and Verdin Court – raising money for Cheshire Dogs Home – with its cauldron and tombstones.”
Jonathan added: “A special mention to the window displays at Blitz Fireworks on Hightown in Crewe – genuinely terrifying!” (pictured below)
“House features included skeletons, witches, scarily-dressed mannequins – some headless, ghosts, clowns, cobwebs, coffins, elaborately carved pumpkins, and scary sounds.
“Dozens of families dressed up to trick or treat with costumes including ghosts, witches, bats, werewolves, skeletons, zombies and even a vampire dog!”
Local events during the Halloween period included:
- An adult party with live band and children’s party at The Woodside, Wistaston (pictured below)
- Carnevil party and fireworks at The Sydney Arms (Crewe)
- A spooky craft fair and the movie Goosebumps at Crewe Lyceum Theatre
- ‘Halloween Howler’ ten mile cross country run from Crewe Vagrants (Willaston) organised by South Cheshire Harriers (pictured below)
- A Spooktacular fireworks display at Dorfold Hall (Nantwich)
- Spooky art and tours at Nantwich Museum
- Nantwich Police with a display of pumpkins and police officers handing out sweets
Photos from an adult Halloween party with live band Insanity Beach at The Woodside, Wistaston.
Photos from the ‘Halloween Hellraiser’ ten mile cross country run from Crewe Vagrants, organised by South Cheshire Harriers.