Richard Slater from Henbury Travel in Macclesfield writes…
Whilst it’s been cold outside this January, we have seen unprecedented demand for holidays, and yet again an increase in holidaymakers booking through travel agents.
You may have seen me on BBC Breakfast, bucking the trend – whilst big name multiples are closing their branches, I’m an independent travel agent, returning to the high street.
Many clients seem to be ignoring Brexit uncertainty, and just booking the holiday of their choice.
(1) Cala D’or in Majorca, with it’s range of sandy coves, good quality accommodation and a great selection of restaurants, shops and bars making it the perfect destination for a family holiday.
(2) Number two this month has been Italy, with clients choosing the cities of Milan and Venice, along with the Amalifi Coast, and the lakes strong as ever.
(3) Number three came as a surprise to me, but we have seen a spike in holidays to Western Canada. Perhaps fuelled by Michael Portillo’s excellent TV series, people are attracted to the stunning scenery, vibrant cities and historical culture.
(1) There are also some cooler ‘hot’ spots, despite issues with snow this winter. Clients are booking that one in a lifetime trip to see Santa in Lapland, this trip is amazing for all ages, just magical.
(2) Also cooler are the Norwegian coastal voyages with Hurtigruten, sailing through the Fjords from Bergen to Kirkness
(3) Finally, perhaps a big surprise is the number of bookings to UK lodges and cottages – especially those with hot tubs! I still think you can’t beat a UK break, with walking and sightseeing, before returning to a cosy lodge for a few drinks in the tub.
For more expert advice about holidays, and to book, get in touch with Richard Slater at www.henburytravel.co.uk or call 01625 466 100.
You can also visit in-branch at 127 Chestergate, Macclesfield.
Article sponsored by Henbury Travel