- 4 wholemeal bagels, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 avocados
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- dried chilli flakes
- 12 rashers rindless bacon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with foil. If the bagel holes are small, cut away some of the centre or push back with your fingers to create a well.
- Whilst grilling the bacon, mash the avocado with the lemon juice, chilli flakes and a little salt. Stir in the tomatoes and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof frying pan set over a high heat, toast the cut sides of the 4 bagel bases for 1-2 mins, until golden. Remove and spread with the guacamole.
- Preheat the grill to high. Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the bagel tops, cut-side down. Break an egg into each hole and cook for 10-12 mins, then put the pan under the grill, until the tops are cooked to your liking.
- Put 3 bacon rashers on each base, then sandwich with the eggy bagel top and season.
Click here to find out more about the fresh, healthy options available from The Art Cafe at Charles Roe House in Macclesfield, part of Pinches Medical + Wellbeing.
Article sponsored by Pinches Medical + Wellbeing