This is a very quick and easy recipe. Delicious, healthy and using store cupboard ingredients, it’s a nutritious meal to make after a busy day at work.
Quinoa, chickpeas and pistachios add protein and healthy fat to this simple and seasonal kale salad.
There’s enough to feed a family of four plus lunches for a day or two!
Four people (plus lunches)
- 100g red and white quinoa (cooked to instructions)
- 4 large handfuls of kale (spine removed)
- 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5-6 clementine oranges, peeled and sliced
- 80g chopped pistachios
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Steam the kale for 8 minutes to soften. Combine the cooked quinoa, chopped kale, chickpeas, orange slices, pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, pomegranate, garlic, mint, coriander and salt and a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper.
Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss so everything is evenly coated. Serve with griddled chicken for extra protein.
Salad can be served immediately or saved for up to 2 days.
Click here to find out more about the fresh, healthy options available from The Art Cafe at Charles Roe House in Macclesfield, part of Pinches Medical + Wellbeing.
Article sponsored by Pinches Medical + Wellbeing