4 chicken thighs
1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 tin of chickpeas
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
½ chorizo ring
2 chicken stock cubes
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
1) Finely chop the onion and fry in olive oil, soften the onions on a medium heat for around 5
2) Add minced or finely chopped garlic to the onions and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3) Cut the chicken into chunks and add to the pan, fry for 10 minutes or until the chicken is white.
4) Add sliced chorizo, smoked paprika and crumbled stock cubes to the pan, then add the chopped tomatoes and stir until the stock has fully dissolved.
5) Finally, add the chickpeas and kale, then cook for a further 10-15 minutes until thoroughly heated.
Recipe supplied by Jo Sipi at The Art Café, Charles Roe House.
Jo’s chicken and chorizo stew is available through February.
Click here to find out more about the fresh, healthy options available from The Art Cafe at Charles Roe House in Macclesfield, part of Pinches Medical + Wellbeing.
Article sponsored by Pinches Medical + Wellbeing