Recipe by Chantelle at The Art Café in Charles Roe House
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 small onion chopped finely
· 3-4 cloves crushed garlic
· 2-inches fresh ginger, minced
· 2 large carrots, chopped
· 4 oz red curry paste
· 1 cup Coconut Cream or Milk
· 1 small potato cubed
· 1 chopped green pepper
· Handful of baby sweetcorn
· Handful of cauliflower florets
· 2 tablespoons tamari
· 1/2 tablespoon palm sugar
· 1 tablespoons lime juice
· Holy basil and sticky Jasmine rice for accompaniment
1. Over a medium heat, gentle heat the oil in a large heavy bottom pan.
2. Add the onion and green pepper, season with salt and cook for 3 minutes, until lightly brown. Next add the garlic, ginger and carrot. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Add the curry paste, coconut milk and add a small amount of water (around 1 cup full) then bring to the boil.
4. Stir in the potato, sweetcorn and cauliflower. Reduce to a simmer then cover and cook for about 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in the tamari, palm sugar, and lime juice, cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve over warm sticky rice with holy basil or coriander and enjoy!
Click here to find out more about the fresh, healthy options available from The Art Cafe at Charles Roe House in Macclesfield, part of Pinches Medical + Wellbeing.
Article sponsored by Pinches Medical + Wellbeing