Makes: 16 squares
Prep time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
200g dark chocolate, chopped
50g golden syrup
150g ginger nut biscuits
200g Simnel cake
50g desiccated coconut
1. Line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. Place the chocolate and golden syrup into a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt. Remove from the heat and stir to form a glossy mix.
3. Crumble the ginger nut biscuits and Simnel cake into the chocolate mix.
4. Add the coconut and mix well.
5. Spoon the mix into the prepared tin and flatten the top using the back of a spoon.
6. Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
7. Slice into squares to serve.
Chefs Tip – This is a great recipe for using up store cupboard nuts and dried fruit. Replace the 50g of coconut with leftovers nuts and dried fruit, pistachios, apricots and almonds all work well. Add a tablespoon of sloe gin to the mix for an extra indulgent treat.